You can submit the assurance to the territorially competent consular office of the Republic of Poland.

Yes, you must submit the documents in person.

Make an appointment using the e-konsulat system .

a copy of the birth certificate,
2. in the case of persons who have previously been married – a copy of the marriage certificate with a note on its termination or a copy of the marriage certificate together with a final judgment of the Polish court dissolving the marriage (if the divorce was pronounced outside the territory of the Republic of Poland) , it must first be registered in Poland, more: Registration of a divorce decree issued by a foreign court ,
3. a valid passport or ID card.

If the marriage is to be contracted by a Polish citizen and a foreigner, the consul, in addition to the above-mentioned documents, also accepts an assurance from the foreigner, if he / she additionally submits a document confirming that, in accordance with the applicable law, he / she may contract marriage.

All documents submitted by the foreigner should be translated by a sworn translator.

In the case of foreigners who are not citizens of Senegal or who are naturalized citizens of Senegal, it may be necessary to legalize foreign marital status records (most often it concerns the legalization of birth certificates, more: Apostille and legalization of an official document .

The fee is 50 EUR.

Make sure you deposit at least one month before the planned date of getting married in Poland.

Remember! The guarantee is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of its submission by both persons intending to enter into marriage.

Fiancées staying outside the Republic of Poland who want to marry before the head of the registry office in Poland, provide the consul with an assurance that there are no circumstances excluding marriage , who shall immediately forward them to the indicated head of the registry office.

In the event of refusal to perform the action, the consul will issue a decision against which you can lodge a complaint with the Minister of Foreign Affairs within 7 days. The complaint is submitted through the consul who issued the decision.

Can the consul accept marriage guarantees if he intends to enter into a concordat marriage?

The consul is not authorized to accept assurances for the purposes of concordat marriages (i.e. marriages concluded before a clergyman and having legal effect in the area of ​​civil law and canon law). In this case, you should contact the local parish and the territorially competent head of the registry office in order to complete all formalities. In this case, however, there is no obligation to provide assurances at least 30 days before the planned date of the marriage.

My fiancée is currently in Poland and I am in Senegal. Is it possible for her to make an assurance before the head of the civil registry office in the country, and by me in Senegal?
Yes, it is possible. Remember that the assurances are valid for a period of six months. Therefore, the planned wedding date must be on a date when both your assurance and that of your fiancée will be valid.

Is it possible to get married in Poland, but outside the seat of the competent registry office?

The head of the registry office may accept a declaration outside the registered office of the registry office, but in the district of registration of the marital status in which he is competent, if the indicated place of marriage ensures the solemn form of marriage and the safety of persons present when submitting declarations on entering into marriage. 

Legal basis

The Act of June 25, 2015, Consular Law

Act of November 28, 2014, Law on civil status records

The Act of February 25, 1964, Family and Guardianship Code